Sunday 5 April 2009

The Informational Blog

Welcome to my blog which is based loosely around information management and publishing matters. I edit two magazines - one called Managing Information magazine, published by Aslib, the Association for Information Management, and Axiom Law magazine published by Ourebi Ltd. I have also written for World Architecture, Petroleum Economist, other energy related publications and railway history publications. I am vice chairman of the Katherine Swynford Society, which studies John of Gaunt and his third wife Katherine - the Duke and Duchess of Lancaster. I volunteer for Sustrans, the cycling charity, looking after a section of the Lee Valley cycle path, and also get involved in British Waterways activities. The other main voluntary activity in which I participate is working in the ticket office at the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre, Quainton, near Aylesbury. It's a beautiful part of the world (Chequers, the UK Prime Minister's residence is a few miles away. Closer is Waddesdon Manor which was the rather magnificent country home of the Rothschild banking family. Quainton is a very attractive village, with its own working windmill.

I welcome writing commissions, and can also do production and design (I also have associates who are experts in design for publication).

No comments:

Post a Comment